Basic Trouble Shooting Guide
Basic troubleshooting for the IrisText app:
- Check if IrisText app on your phone is turned on.
- At the homepage of the app, check if the status of IrisText is ON.
- Log off and log in the IrisText app on your mobile.
- Check if you have sufficient load or have an active post-paid subscription.
- Check if you have internet on your phone.
- If you have set Device Limits, check if you have reached them.
- Check if you have the most current version of the IrisText app from Google Play here.
Basic troubleshooting for the IrisText Dashboard:
- Log out of your Dashboard and log back in.
- Check if your laptop or desktop is connected to the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
The IrisText app doesn’t work on my phone
- IrisText currently supports only android phones using KitKat4.4 or above, Lollipop, and Marshmallow
- If there are any issues with the app and you fit the requirements contact us.
The IrisText app on my mobile device closes as soon as I open it.
- This is because the app does not have permissions on your phone
For Android 6+ (Marshmallow) you should do these steps before using the app or click this link for more information about Android 6+ (Marshmallow) app permissions.
- Go to "Settings"
- Go to "Application Manager" (or "Applications" on some devices)
- Look for the "Iris Text" app and click it
- Go to "App permissions"
- Tick "Phone" and "SMS" permissions to allow the app to use the SMS service
- Start the Iris Text application
My subscription has been in pending status for over an hour
- There is a large delay time between PayPal verifying your payment and when it gets to us, so just be patient. We will send you an email once we received confirmation from PayPal
- You can still use IrisText in the meantime against the plan you subscribed to while waiting for this verification.
Some messages are stuck in sending
- Most likely you are sending too many texts at a rate your network provider doesn’t like. Go to this link and per device set a send limit per day, per hour and per minute as you see fit.
- If you may need to disable power saving mode
Can I add users to my account?
- Yes. You can add users from your app dashboard.
Is there a way to create automated messages?
You can set up specific messages to be sent out
at specific times in the App’s Auto Responder.
Can I save standard messages that I can resend to other customers?
- Yes. You can create templates or standard messages that you can save in the system. When you want to send out the standard or same message again, just choose the template you want to use and send.